Welcome to the AEVC Website
Welcome to the website of the Associated Emeritae/i of Vassar College. The AEVC was founded in the fall of 2007 with the principal goal of representing the interests and concerns of more than eighty retired members of the Vassar Faculty. In support of this goal, the AEVC works:
- To promote effective and reliable communication between Vassar and its living emeritae/i;
- To create opportunities for emeritae/i to assist the College through participating in sponsored Vassar tours, giving lectures to Alumnae/i groups, representing the College in civic and professional meetings;
- To encourage the College to assist the continuing scholarly endeavors of emeritae/i with research and computer support, publication subventions, travel funds, library carrels, etc.;
- To enable the emeritae/i to to speak to the College with an informed and united voice on important financial and policy decisions that affect their economic security and well being;
- To enhance existing social and civic connections among emeritae/i and to assist, to the extent they desire, their selective participation in Vassar's intellectual and cultural life.
The AEVC website is designed to support these objectives while at the same time serving the purpose described in the adjacent column entitled A Special Welcome to Vassar Alumnae/i.
For 2019-2020 the members of the AEVC steering committee are: Elisabeth Arlyck, John Feroe, Harvey Flad, Janet Gray, Lucy Johnson, Rachel Kitzinger, Bill Lunt, Michael Mc Carthy, Dan Peck, and Molly Shanley.
It is from Michael McCarthy that emeritae/i can obtain the log-in and password information required for accessing the AEVC Forum
, which is a vehicle of discussion among emeritae/i concerning matters of common interest.
The webmaster for this site is Richard Lowry. Comments or questions concerning technical aspects of the site may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Special Welcome to Vassar Alumnae/i
One of the purposes of the AEVC website is to provide a medium through which Vassar alumnae/i can contact or access information about the faculty whom they knew when they were students at the college. In the panel on the left is a link labeled AEVC Roster,
which will display a list of all living Vassar emeritae/i along with email addresses and other relevant information when available. Another link in the left panel, labeled In Memoriam,
will show a list of deceased emeritae/i along with obituary notices or memorial minutes when available. Inquiries concerning emeritae/i for whom you cannot find adequate information may be addressed to the chair of the AEVC steering committee, Michael McCarthy, email@example.com